Home Leasing and Home Leasing Construction Obtain Prestigious B Corporation Status for the Second Time
Rochester, NY – Home Leasing is proud to announce that both Home Leasing LLC and Home Leasing Construction have officially been re-certified as B Corporations (B-Corps). B-Corps are companies that reach the highest standards of verified social and environmental responsibility and are driven as much by their profits as by their purpose and positive impact on their communities.
Companies contending for B-Corp status undergo the rigorous B Impact Assessment and are scored based on performance factors regarding governance, workers, community, and environment. To maintain Certification, the company must undergo verification every three years and demonstrate their continued positive impact. First certified in 2017, Home Leasing LLC and Home Leasing Construction have continued to implement positive changes over the past three years that resulted in each company having an improved score on reassessment.
“At Home Leasing and Home Leasing Construction, we strive to make a positive impact through our mission to improve the lives of our residents and the communities in which we work," said Bret Garwood, CEO of Home Leasing. "We strongly believe that a focus on our purpose is key to our growth, profitability and long-term sustainability as a company. The B-Corp recertification reaffirms our commitment to high standards of practice in our industry.”
Examples of improvement for both companies include overall growth in employment, establishment of an employee profit sharing program, expansion of employee wellness initiatives, improved financial transparency, and increased diversity among employees. Certification also considered Home Leasing’s ongoing efforts to reduce waste and encourage green practices at all Home Leasing workplaces, construction sites, and communities.
Certification as a B Corp is the natural manifestation of Home Leasing’s mission. By committing to B Corp certification, and incorporating its requirements into the company’s operating documents, Home Leasing ensures that it is accountable to these high standards of practice by a third party.
“We are proud to have qualified again for 3 more years as a B-Corp,” said Nelson Leenhouts, Chairman of Home Leasing. “At Home Leasing, remaining a B-Corp is a top priority because it is a reflection of our commitment as a company to make decisions each day that leave lasting benefits.”
Some recent examples of Home Leasing’s work that demonstrate its adherence to its mission and the B Corp standards include:
- Solar Farm: In Partnership with investors and GreenSpark Solar, a solar farm has been developed that will supply power to more than 500 Home Leasing apartments.
- Reducing Homelessness: Home Leasing has prioritized the development of housing to provide permanent supportive housing the homeless. In partnership with Person Centered Housing Outreach (PCHO) more than 50 units for the chronically homeless will be developed in the coming year.
- Social Equity and Justice: Home Leasing has launched at Team Against Racism and Bias to lead its work towards social equality and an inclusive economy.
- Profit Sharing: Home Leasing has launched a profit sharing and employee retention program (CLHOE—Employees of Home Leasing Corporation spelled backwards) where a portion of its profits are awarded to all employees at an equal amount regardless of position.
- Charitable Giving: Home Leasing has contributed almost $500,000 since 2017 to more than 150 non-profit organizations, including through its employee designated charitable giving program where each employee can annually designate a charity of their choice to receive a $100 from Home Leasing.
As Home Leasing LLC and Home Leasing Construction look to the future, both companies are committed to the mission of “improving the lives of our residents and communities in which we work” and maintaining B-Corp status.