Bartlett Gardens is home to adults 62 and older. Located in the heart of beautiful Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania, the community offers 43 one- and two-bedroom apartments with many modern amenities.
The monthly rent includes all utilities. This is made possible by financing and assistance from federal, state and local government programs, which allows us to provide beautiful and affordable homes to those who qualify.
For the convenience of our residents, the active community center, library, mailroom and laundry room are available onsite. Given the often-changing weather in Cambridge Springs, it is a great advantage to be able to access all of these features without stepping outside.
We offer many planned activities and events in which residents are encouraged to participate. However, residents are can always choose the quiet and solitude of their apartment. Residents are also welcome to reserve the community room at no charge to host an event of their own.
Available Supportive Services
We offer supportive services to those who seek additional assistance in everyday tasks. Whether the need is for help at home or a ride to the grocery store, our staff can put residents in touch with the appropriate parties.
A Historic Building
Bartlett Gardens, previously The New Cambridge House, was built in 1897 on the foundation of The Cambridge Hotel, which was destroyed in a fire. The Cambridge Hotel was the location of a reception held by General Lafayette for former Revolutionary War soldiers in 1820. Years later, Benjamin F. Bartlett purchased the property, changed the name to Hotel Bartlett, and added many luxuries to accommodate tourists in Cambridge Springs. When tourism began to dwindle, Hotel Bartlett was sold to Alliance College and converted into male dormitories until the college was forced to close its doors in the 1970s. In November 1979, the property was purchased and the first and second floors were converted into one- and two-bedroom apartment homes for senior housing. Home Leasing purchased Bartlett Gardens in 2011 and has maintained the integrity of this historic building while providing comfortable homes for independent seniors.